Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

Premieres and Returns

Today is the day! Alphas pilot episode following the return of Warehouse 13 and Eureka.  More to come tonight!

Eureka: They really started out with a bang!  I dont like how many times they beat the impossible odds in this one.  I know they always do, but it seemed like they really went overboard.  Still made for an alright episode, I just wanted more of the typical Eureka humour.  Not gonna put any spoilers yet, will say more tomorrow.  One very big happy (that isnt spoilerific) Next week, Felicia Day will be guest starring!  She is pretty amazing, and did a great job in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, which if you haven't seen, you must!

Warehouse 13: Aaron Ashmore as Steve Jenks is a really great addition to the cast.  Every field agent seems to have their own "special ability" and they really put an emphasis on it this episode.  While Mika had photographic memory, Pete with his "bad vibes," they bring in Steve Jenks as a human lie detector.  Glad they kept the humour that I LOVE!  Even with all the deep thoughts they tried to convey they still infused it with humour.  Seemed really short, which was my biggest complaint.  They put a lot into the episode and really made me happy with how things turned out.  Again, no spoilers till tomorrow!

Alphas: I didn't really get to see as much of this as I wanted. Sadly it came on at 9, and a certain cute little girl usually goes to bed about 9:30.  She stayed up through it, but she had a couple of points where she was very cranky, so I missed some key plot elements.  What I DID see, I liked, and although it has a lot of cliched and overused qualities, what doesn't these days?  I did like that these "super" humans are also flawed, which we don't really see much these days (although I guess Heroes had it in spades).  I will have to rewatch it to really make up my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I have to admit that Eureka did go a little overboard with all the last minute day-saving. But I still absolutely loved it! I was freaking out when I saw that Felicia Day was going to be the guest star next week!!

    As far as W13 goes, I thought it was a great episode. I must admit that before yesterdays, I'd never seen an entire episode. Only little bits. I am definitely hooked now!

    You REALLY need to watch the rest of Alphas! :) It reminded me of Heroes & Push...but I really liked it. I won't add much else until after you've finished the episode. :)

    ReplyDelete